Columbia Post-bacc and MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YangFearless

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if I can still apply to Columbia's post-bacc program if I've already taken the MCAT?

On their website, they say it would not be eligible, but this just makes no sense to me.

Thank you!!

http://gs.columbia.edu/postbac/applying-postbac
"Students are not eligible for admission if they have completed most or all of the required premedical courses, if they have applied to medical school within the past two years, or if they have taken the MCAT."
 
Why does this make no sense?

It is for career changers, not grade recovery
 
Why does this make no sense?

It is for career changers, not grade recovery

Thanks. I did my undergrad in another country and was a chemistry major, never been a pre-med. I plan to apply to these programs not to recover my grade but because the chemistry and physics courses I've taken are not accepted here. so sad T_T
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you did your undergrad in another country, your classes may not be accepted by AAMC - you should check that.
 
If you did your undergrad in another country, your classes may not be accepted by AAMC - you should check that.

Wasn't planning to be a doctor at that time. Columbia's post-bacc program seems really good. Just wonder how flexible this requirement is...
 
Wasn't planning to be a doctor at that time. Columbia's post-bacc program seems really good. Just wonder how flexible this requirement is...
As I said, you should see if your existing chem/physics classes are accepted by AAMC, if not - you can tell this to Columbia and maybe they'd waive it