Columbia Premedical Postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meropenam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Done

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was admitted for the Spring 2020 Semester but deferred my admission to Fall 2020 in order to save up money for the move. I can't speak for the difficulty of the classes but I can speak for the logistics on admissions. My undergrad GPA was well below the recommended 3.65 GPA at 3.25 with a low sGPA as well. I was honestly surprised to have been admitted. I majored in English and earned my Bachelor's from UCB. I think what really set me apart from other applicants though was my statement of purpose and the fact that I am currently enrolled in a Master's program that I plan to pursue in addition to my Pre-Medical Postbaccalaureate degree. Also, I didn't submit any letters of recommendation but they chose to waive those for me and admit me anyways, but I'm not sure if this is something that they normally do for most people so I wouldn't recommend leaving out letters of recommendation if you are able to obtain them. So what I can say from my experience is if you want to look like a stand-out applicant really invest in your statement of purpose because that can really make or break your application, what Columbia is looking for (and what I've commonly seen them state on their website and social media) is that they are seeking students that can really contribute to the university and promote progression and diversity on the campus.

Reactions: 1 users
finished the program 2 years ago -- feel free to shoot me a PM with specific questions.
Is anyone currently in the program to answer some questions I have? Wondering just how hard the courses are and if grades are pre-set or determined through curves. Also, need logistics on admissions. Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
I am looking at Columbia Pre-Med Post Bacc as well. I have heard some horror stories, but not sure how accurate...I will be moving into the area to attend the program, interested in hearing what this program has offered.