Columbia Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieOConnor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought when I submitted my Columbia secondary that there was something written about me submitting a passport photo with a "photo form." When I went to look for the alleged form, I couldnt find it, or any information about it, on the website. Did I just imagine that there's a form I need to send in with my passport photo? Maybe I'm just sleep deprived. I'm certainly obsessing too much. Sigh.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea you have to submit a photo via snail mail. (Don't forget to write your aamc # on the back). And I don't remember any form you had to send it with, I just send in my photo along with my fee wavier (or maybe a big fat check in your case).

did anyone else notice on the columbia secondary that the last two pages of the app (when viewed in pdf format) talk about your application to the fall 2004 entering class? do we just ignore the wrong date, and pretend it's for 2005?

Members don't see this ad :)
An Yong said:
Yea you have to submit a photo via snail mail. (Don't forget to write your aamc # on the back). And I don't remember any form you had to send it with, I just send in my photo along with my fee wavier (or maybe a big fat check in your case).

yeah, and they really want the photo too! last year, i didn't bother to send it (i guess i didn't realize it was necessary) and they contacted me and said they couldn't give me an interview until i sent them the photo, haha.

did you get invited to finish secondaries? i did not get one so it probably means that I got rejected

sorry if this question has already been asked, but on the Columbia secondary question "In 2003/2004 you will be a..." (junior, senior) - do they mean in 2004/2005? It says will be and 2003/2004 is already over. Same thing for "Years of coursework you have completed, or will complete before September 2004:" do they mean Sept 2005?

sunsweet said:
sorry if this question has already been asked, but on the Columbia secondary question "In 2003/2004 you will be a..." (junior, senior) - do they mean in 2004/2005? It says will be and 2003/2004 is already over. Same thing for "Years of coursework you have completed, or will complete before September 2004:" do they mean Sept 2005?

i had the same question. i filled it out as if they meant 2004/2005. and if you preview your app when you're about to submit it in pdf format, the second to last page's heading says "Application for admission to the first year class to be enrolled in august 2004." so i'm thinking they just forgot to update it for this year. but i'm hesitant to submit it as is right now because i don't want it to get lost or thrown out because it'll be accidentally confused for last year's.

Has anyone submitted the Columbia secondary already? And did you have the same problem?

Thanks!

I submitted it, I don't think they'll care, I mean all the information they want is on the AMCAS anyways.