Columbia University Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kthv92

IndiBDS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any`1 apply for Columbia Universities Advanced Standing for Non-US Trained Doctor program?? It says the last date was May 31st??:confused:
Does ny1 know hw many candidates they accept??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I called them 2 months ago
they told me that the acceptance is for 3 students max (the exact phrase was between 1 and 3 stud, depends on the year) so I didn't apply there
but it is a 3 year program and yeah I guess it ended on 31 may

I called them 2 months ago
they told me that the acceptance is for 3 students max (the exact phrase was between 1 and 3 stud, depends on the year) so I didn't apply there
but it is a 3 year program and yeah I guess it ended on 31 may

yes, they usually select 1 to 3 students depends on vacant space... up to 5 seats i guess every year. and one of the best thing about getting an interview from columbia is chances of acceptance wil be high as they call only those whom they are willing to give a seat rather just checking many candidates for just very few seats...
there are over 80 applicants this year for fall 2009 for only 3 or more seats
they have started screening of all applicants
if anyone knows more regarding this, kindly post it here

Members don't see this ad :)
80 applicants fr 3 seats!!! :eek:
dats nt very fair.....nyways hw do u come to knw such nos. dude??
did u cal them??

80 applicants fr 3 seats!!! :eek:
dats nt very fair.....nyways hw do u come to knw such nos. dude??
did u cal them??

relax man, i was also amazed, anyways its a touch call. lets c wheel of fortune or should i say wheel of competition.
yeah i call them becuse my application is not there yet

They called me for interview. I am very apprehensive as of now. What you people think my chances are of admission. I have 3.1 overall GPA, 88 on NBDE Part I and 77 Part II. My TOEFL is 99 score. I have 10 months experience here in US.

Are these stats competitve enough. Might I get into those 3 seats?

They called me for interview. I am very apprehensive as of now. What you people think my chances are of admission. I have 3.1 overall GPA, 88 on NBDE Part I and 77 Part II. My TOEFL is 99 score. I have 10 months experience here in US.

Good luck with ur interview but how come ur toefl is 99 because I called them and they said that minimum is 100

Numbers are kinda low. The international dentists I had in my class all had 90+ on part I. One went on to specialize in ortho.

hi fireworks....which country r u from? if u don't mind....n when did u get ur interview call??

are u a predental student??
dis is the international students thing....n i posted it about the Advanced standing program!!

Hi guys I too got call from columbia university on 16th june. gud luck to all.

Hi dreamboy:

How you got your interview?, by mail, email or phone call?...

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi dreamboy:

How you got your interview?, by mail, email or phone call?...

Thanks.
I got my interview invitation by email and after that they send me the details by mail. interview is on 16th june. best of luck for your future.

I got my interview invitation by email and after that they send me the details by mail. interview is on 16th june. best of luck for your future.

hi what is your score for part1?gpa and toefl?

Hi:
How Many people had the interview today?

Hi
Anyone got refusal from Columbia University?

Were you interviewed at Columbia on the 16th?

No I didn't recieve neither an interview call nor a refusal yet. Yesterday I got reply from diana by e-mail that I will get status of my application very soon

hi dreamboy,
how was ur interview?what was the experience?

Hey guys come on! tell us about the interview experience.

I guess nobody in this thread got an interview invitation from Columbia University.

hey guys everything is done for columbia university. i mean interveiw and selection. I hope it helps .

oh really..how u know that?and what about u?u got acceptation?

I think dreamboy don't want to tell us about his interview.

I think the interview call was a dream for dreamboy.