Columbia University PT Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkangel77

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I interviewed at Columbia U. on February 15, and have yet to hear back from them regarding an admissions decision. I emailed them twice in the past 2 weeks, asking them about that, and they told me that a final decision would be made this week, but emails were supposed to go out yesterday. I never got one though :( So I'm a little nervous I'm going to get bad news.

Has anyone else who interviewed on that date, or close to that date heard back from them yet?

I was already accepted into another NY school (NYIT), but Columbia would still be my first choice if I got in :)

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Members don't see this ad.

Nevermind, finally heard back from them.

I got a letter saying "We are sorry to inform you that we will not be inviting you to interview, which is the first step of the acceptance process"...except I already interviewed with them last month!

Is it just me, or does something not seem right here?? :eek:

That is a strange letter from Columbia Univ. I hope you give them a call.
Congrats on your acceptance to NYIT!

Members don't see this ad :)
these admissions offices are ridiculous...We pay a fee for our application to be reviewed fairly and that is not the case

Thanks! It turns out they sent me the wrong rejection letter :p

Anyway, I ended up deferring my admission to NYIT (surprisingly, they let me defer for a year with no restrictions on applying to other schools), and will reapply to a few schools closer to where I currently live, with much higher credentials.