Columbia vs. NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ng269722

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has attended or is attending either NYU or Teachers College Columbia Counseling Ph. D program and has any type of feedback (financial as well as the program in general).

I have been accepted to both schools for a masters in mental health counseling. I plan on eventually continuing into a counseling ph.d program (which both institutions offer). I am finding it extremely difficult to make a decision. I am looking for any possible feedback.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The MA/MS program at TC has had a number of mentions in the MA/MS forum...and I'd suggest you take some time and give them a read, as the posts were mixed at best. From what I recall people weren't that pleased with the curriculum and it was very expensive. YMMV, so do your homework.

You may want to pop in the NYC housing thread and ask in there about the local reputations of the programs, as some of the locals may know people there.