Columbia vs USC Trustee vs Pomona/Amherst

Started by deleted677642
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted677642

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I was fortunate enough to be accepted into all four of these wonderful schools as a Neuroscience major (or something equivalent). I also should note that I would not be taking on any debt at any of these schools (I'm lucky, I know). I'm from Southern California, and although the USC Trustee Scholarship is tempting, I'm afraid I won't really have the same opportunities as somewhere such as Columbia. But my concern about Columbia is that the competition might be overwhelming, especially as a pre-med. Anyways, I'd like to hear all of your thoughts. Thanks!
 
I don't think USC will hold you back at all. What kind of opportunities are you thinking about? Neuroscience research at Columbia is no doubt stronger, but it won't make much difference as a medical school applicant. If you get involved in research, it is more about taking responsibility of your own project.