Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mangogurl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to contact their office? The have an automated email response message and an answering machine. Any ideas on how to contact them?

mango

Members don't see this ad.

bump!! Has anyone heard from this program?

mangogurl said:
bump!! Has anyone heard from this program?

Well, according to the interview thread, some people heard from them awhile back and were offered interviews. I don't recall seeing any rejections posted on here (but I could be wrong) and there haven't been any new invites in awhile. I am in the same boat, and as far as I know there is absolutely no way to contact them. They even say not to call on their website. I suppose if you are dead set on going there you could ask your home program's PD to call on your behalf. That's probably your only option at this point.

Personally I think their whole attitude is pretty rude. I was already hesitant about applying there because it's so malignant, and now this has turned me off to them altogether. I have decided not to interview there even if they do end up inviting me.

Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe someone else knows a secret contact number that I don't.

Members don't see this ad :)
No..that was helpful..thanks. At least someone else is feeling my pain. lol.
I think at Columbia no news isn't good news. Not sure though. Will try to see if there is another way to contact them. Later..

last yr one of my good friends (with a solid application) received an invite from them in dec to interview in jan. she matched there and is very happy. hang in there. :)

mangogurl said:
No..that was helpful..thanks. At least someone else is feeling my pain. lol.
I think at Columbia no news isn't good news. Not sure though. Will try to see if there is another way to contact them. Later..

I think my biggest issue with Columbia is not the fact that they haven't sent anything so far but that they are impossible to contact. I've been able to get through to other places like MGH, Cornell, NYU, etc. and receive some response. If other institutions, even more competitive ones, are able to respond to a phone call, Columbia should be able to as well.

It took forever. I looked up the program directors name on the Columbia residency webiste. I then used the main hospital website to look up his phone number. You will get in touch with his office and then when you ask about your application they say "Oh, you must have dialed the wrong number... let me connect you to the residency program office." And that my friends is the only way I have found to get anyone on the phone.

Even when I did get in touch with them, they were no help. "We are looking at the applications currently and we will let you know soon."

Let me know if any on you get in any more information.

I deserve an interview just for getting them on the phone.

here you go guys (212)342-3882
Woman on the phone was nice, said they are still offering invites. Guess they have started rejecting folks as well.

Hope that helps.

DaBigDawg said:
It took forever. I looked up the program directors name on the Columbia residency webiste. I then used the main hospital website to look up his phone number. You will get in touch with his office and then when you ask about your application they say "Oh, you must have dialed the wrong number... let me connect you to the residency program office." And that my friends is the only way I have found to get anyone on the phone.

Even when I did get in touch with them, they were no help. "We are looking at the applications currently and we will let you know soon."

Let me know if any on you get in any more information.

I deserve an interview just for getting them on the phone.

it's such a wonderful program...sadly I got a rejection...good luck to the rest of you...getting an interview from them was my dream...too bad it didn't come true :(

Finally! Got invite. Good luck to all of you waiting.

mango

Anyone hear from them for prelim?

mangogurl said:
Finally! Got invite. Good luck to all of you waiting.

mango
ditto...got an invite today as well. surprisingly, I called earlier today to check on the status of my application. Maybe that had something to do with it.