• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

hateroftheyear

professional player hater
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
Last year, decisions were received 2/15. The website estimates range from Feb. 1st to "mid-February." At the interview, Dr. Spitalnik stated that they were aiming for the second week of February.

What gives?

Ahhhhhhhh!!!

crimsonkid85

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
i thought the committee meeting was going to be mid-february, and the decisions early march?

Jadyn

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I heard the decisions would be out early March also, which doesn't make sense since the last two years (according to SDN archives) people had gotten snail mail acceptances by this time. Maybe there was a greater number of applicants?

About the Ads

Mr. Tee

Indentured servant
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
Any new news? This is a crazy wait.

crimsonkid85

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
has anyone gotten anything yet? it's edging closer and closer to march.... :/ :( :( :(

crimsonkid85

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
got an acceptance letter yesterday

WHAT! oh no you did NOT! :p :p just kidding! CONGRATS! :) :)

wait...where do you live? maybe you're close to NYC so the mail got to you first? i'm in boston so i should get SOME sort of decision soon, right? :( :(

PBandJ

hot dog back in action!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
toast or english muffins
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
WHAT! oh no you did NOT! :p :p just kidding! CONGRATS! :) :)

wait...where do you live? maybe you're close to NYC so the mail got to you first? i'm in boston so i should get SOME sort of decision soon, right? :( :(

sorry crimsonkid, you may need one of these:

chill_pill.gif

:p

mdphdhopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
btw, if some didnt catch that its by snail mail. i do live close to nyc, so i got it pretty quickly.

Jadyn

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Ok, I have nothing against the USPS, but it is 2007 for crying out loud!! They might have well used the freakin' Pony Express! Yes medicine is a conservative field, but I think an email would have been more effective...efficient...the wait will destroy me!

crimsonkid85

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
Ok, I have nothing against the USPS, but it is 2007 for crying out loud!! They might have well used the freakin' Pony Express! Yes medicine is a conservative field, but I think an email would have been more effective...efficient...the wait will destroy me!
hey...you can have half of my chill pill. :D jk! *keeping my fingers crossed...*

yinxzon

Apr 27, 2004
Status (Visible)
so the letter to mdphdhopeful was probably sent on the 23rd or earlier. what this means is we should all get the letter of acceptance by the 27th, which is today! or not.

voojagig

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
The acceptance came yesterday (although that was to my parents' house in New Jersey). I think they said it was Priority Mail or some other USPS product.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.