Columbia???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclalee

Chubby Kid
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any specific information about Columbia's program? I've heard small talk that they had issues with being malignant... can anyone validate that?

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, come on. Does it really matter? It's Columbia. They could probably tell candidates to take their pants off midway through the interview and you'd still have plenty of dudes and dudettes lining up to get a spot in that program.

-copro

There are plenty of other good programs out there.. and I trying to not to be impressed by a program just because of the name. What have you heard about their program lately?

Members don't see this ad :)
There are plenty of other good programs out there.. and I trying to not to be impressed by a program just because of the name. What have you heard about their program lately?

The point is if you're not impressed, someone else will be. Therefore, it doesn't matter if they are or aren't malignant. If whether or not you would choose this program is contingent upon whether or not they are felt to be "malignant", that's another matter. But, even if they are malignant, they will have no incentive not to become "unmalignant" because people will want to go there no matter. So, they can be however they want to be, and just because they are or aren't malignant now doesn't mean they will or won't be in by the time you get there. So, more of a reason why this question, with all due respect, doesn't matter. Things change, or they don't.

Case in point would be to take my program, for example. What a "bait then switch" job that was.

-copro

The point is if you're not impressed, someone else will be.

i totally agree with copro...when i interviewed at columbia, i really wasn't that impressed, and i left thinking that i would probably not rank them higher than number 7 or 8 on my match list...on the other hand, there were plenty of applicants there that flat out said columbia was their number one choice.