Columbia's Secondary

Started by jappeach
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jappeach

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey for all you applying to Columbia,

The secondary asks: In what collegiate extracurricular activities did you engage?

When I was in college, I did not know that I would be applying to medical school 5 years later so I didn't have a ton of ECs. However, in the past few years, I have been doing a lot of really interesting stuff...but since it asks for just collegiate I shouldn't include stuff after college, right?
 
I only included college stuff. They have an additional comments section at the end that you could use for other ECs if they're important.
 
How about this question:
4. About how many hours per week, if any, did you spend in work for which you were recompensed during the college year?*

Should I include work that I've done in grad school and post-bacc classes or is this strictly for undergrad?
 
is volunteering and shadowing considered as a collegiate ecs? or do they mean stuff like college sports and student organizations?