come on, cornell!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunnyhop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
someone just posted an acceptance -- congrats!! (tommerbommer, how did they let you know!!) i thought we weren't supposed to hear yet! anyone else hear? any rumors??? agh, the agony!

Members don't see this ad.

bunnyhop said:
someone just posted an acceptance -- congrats!! (tommerbommer, how did they let you know!!) i thought we weren't supposed to hear yet! anyone else hear? any rumors??? agh, the agony!

if it's anything like the December batch, it'll be via e-mail.

I didn't expect Cornell to start sending out acceptances again until much later. (March 10 in the other thread?) I guess this is the week I'll find out about all the schools on my list. Scary.

Wake me up when this is over. :D :sleep: :eek: (that pretty much summarizes my feeling.)

when i called they told me we would hear by the end of march....maybe they send them out in batches?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really really want to go to Cornell. Reading this board recently is more nerve-wracking than waiting for the MCAT scores (I think)...maybe I need a break :eek:

it seems cornell is sending out email acceptances. i just got an email today. the email also says that official letters will be going out on Wednesday. best of luck everyone :luck:

bunnyhop said:
I heard via e-mail. They say not to be upset if you don't hear from them before late March though, so don't give up if you haven't heard yet.

Good luck to everyone waiting! It's definitely worse than waiting for MCAT scores - at least one knew when exactly they were coming.

krelian said:
it seems cornell is sending out email acceptances. i just got an email today. the email also says that official letters will be going out on Wednesday. best of luck everyone :luck:

congrat. now i'm going to be checking my e-mail even more obsessively. Thanks a lot. ;)

to those accepted, when did you interview?

are we suppose to get rejection at the same time? :scared:

bunnyhop said:

How true is this!?! Tommerbommer posted on February 28th and I wasn't expecting anything until "early March!" I'm going to be checking my e-mail every 2 seconds now- damn you studentdoctor.net!!! :mad:

AnnieShiro said:
How true is this!?! Tommerbommer posted on February 28th and I wasn't expecting anything until "early March!" I'm going to be checking my e-mail every 2 seconds now- damn you studentdoctor.net!!! :mad:
Considering that some people received an email today and that Feb 28th was only yesterday, I would say it's very credible ;) . Today is "early March" after all. I think emails are sent out in batches though.

I received an e-mail yesterday and was totally surprised by it. I, too, was under the impression that I wouldn't hear from them for several more weeks.

This was my first acceptance, so I am really, really happy/relieved/happy, etc. It seems so surreal.

bleh4788 said:
to those accepted, when did you interview?

I'm not sure if this will make stress you out more or calm you down, but I interviewed on 2/1/05. I had actually written Cornell off because I hadn't heard from them (I was complete VERY early), so it just goes to show that you shouldn't count your chickens before they've hatched, or something... :oops:

alec689 said:
I'm not sure if this will make stress you out more or calm you down, but I interviewed on 2/1/05. I had actually written Cornell off because I hadn't heard from them (I was complete VERY early), so it just goes to show that you shouldn't count your chickens before they've hatched, or something... :oops:

This stresses me out more. :D

AnnieShiro said:
This stresses me out more. :D

haha, yeah, this waiting is painful. I interviewed back on 9/21.Does anyone know how the adcom works (i.e. if they review files in order of interview dates or randomly)?

krelian said:

does anyone know if all the acceptances are going to be sent by this wednsesday and everyone else is rejected/waitlisted?

anyone else hear anything?