comlex 1 scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tylerdo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know when we can expect our comlex scores?

Members don't see this ad.

Our school told us they would be in either the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Idiopathic said:
That means they have already been mailed out...I expected them to be sent out next week. :eek:

Well, maybe not. They said that the Dean and the Registrar would get them by the end of this week or the beginning of next, so I don't know if that means that they have been mailed out to us yet or not. I wished it worked like USMLE so we could know for sure when they were mailed.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of our classmates got a call at the clinic the other day from the Director of Rotations...she of course thought that he was calling to pull her out of this and all future rotations. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The dean at WVSOM got the scores today, and we are able to call the registrar to get our scores. Just happy I passed.

KCUMB (former UHS-COM) has official scores in today too! Spread the word!

AZCOM dean got all of our scores. Our pass rate was 96.4%. I think this is the lowest pass rate in the history of our school....oops. I think that means that 6 people failed...any AZCOMers out there know if the lucky 6 will be getting a phone call? I don't think they have my number anyway!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sugar72 said:
AZCOM dean got all of our scores. Our pass rate was 96.4%. I think this is the lowest pass rate in the history of our school....oops. I think that means that 6 people failed...any AZCOMers out there know if the lucky 6 will be getting a phone call? I don't think they have my number anyway!

Nah, my class (2004) has been the black sheep so far. Pass rate was 92.9% on step one...ouch.

I think it came out to like 9 people failing.

Idiopathic said:
100% passing this year @ my school. DrMom, you can rest easy;)

Admittedly, this is like third-hand information, so dont shoot the messenger if it turns out false.

would be really cool if it happens. also would reinforce our gunner/anal retentive reputation

DrMom said:
would be really cool if it happens. also would reinforce our gunner/anal retentive reputation

Confirmed 100% pass rate for OSU. Good job.

cant confirm but i think at NSUCOM we came out with 94% pass rate..maybe like 10 failed

im guessing like middle of next week we should all have our scores???

So whats the best COMLEX score anyone has heard of? I heard someone got a 720...I think thats like 2.5 SD above the mean. Not bad, anyone hear of anything like that this year?

I saw the score report of a guy in my class with a 3 digit of 716. This was June of 02.

And, I swear to you, it reported his percentile as 100.

Finally got mine today

715/99 COMLEX compared to a 232/94 USMLE. Imagine what BigFrank would have done on the COMLEX....probably like a 750/101 :)

is the 2 digit number the actual percentile or is it a conversion like USMLE?

Its a percentile...there is a calculator on the USMLE thread that shows your percentile within your percentile (i.e. 97.2, 89.15, etc) if you are interested. There is a pretty wide range for 99, apparently.

idio, that score is insane!!!! i wonder what the USMLE equivalent is 270? anyway, i know that there have been different threads about the COMLex VS usmle in terms of the test, but i was wondering if u can maybe address how one would STUDY differently for the two. beyond just biochem/OMT differences.

Su4n2 said:
idio, that score is insane!!!! i wonder what the USMLE equivalent is 270? anyway, i know that there have been different threads about the COMLex VS usmle in terms of the test, but i was wondering if u can maybe address how one would STUDY differently for the two. beyond just biochem/OMT differences.

You cannot study for COMLEX. My four weeks of prep prior to the exam probably yielded 20-40 questions that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Know arm and leg anatomy cold. That is all you can count on. I only had 4 sacrum questions, which was supposed to be high yield. :rolleyes:

Point = nothing is high yield. They may pick a random topic (i.e. amenorrhea) and ask a ton of questions on it. There is no way to prepare for this.

Be prepared for non-classic presentations of common disease processes.

Su4n2 said:

I figured it out at 290...in other words, not possible. I am beaming a little today (something about 3.253 SD above the mean). Tomorrow, I will be back to normal.

As for the next part, I though the USMLE was pathology-intensive. If you knew pathology cold, then you knew 70% of the test cold. Some micro and pharm here and there, but we were exposed to so much of that in path. As for the COMLEX, you really cant study for the test, because there are no study materials, per se (so far...), but since OMT is so much of it, Savarese is a must (beware of the mistakes), and COMLEX is definitely more 'bugs and drugs' intensive. Just knowing the balance helps. For instance, studying biochem is a waste (maybe 3 straight biochem questions on COMLEX), as is cell bio, but I had some killer tricky pharm drugs and some weird microorganisms, as well. If you are grounded in path, pharm and micro, you should do well.

I haven't heard anything from Lecom yet... now I have to panic all weekend!!! :scared: I have the phone number for the local trucking school on speed dial (just in case I need to rethink careers!)

My Lord Idio, I think you are likely to be the smartest DO student in the nation...in all seriousness!!! Hey, FYI, the site is up now and if you are still interested in being one of our authors the invite is still open. Here's the link.

http://nontradmedjournals.blog-city.com

Matt

Well, sddoc, we can be classmates again then! Maybe we can even study together. I hate this waiting, I really feel like its worse than the wait to find out if I got in in the first place! (Not that I couldn't use a little vacation from rotations, but I don't even want to contemplate studying for that bear again!!)

IDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No longer will I mock you on the board, or curse your name when my tummy acts up! YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!!!! You are the DO student hero! :horns:

Congrats, man! :)

EvoDevo said:
IDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No longer will I mock you on the board, or curse your name when my tummy acts up! YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!!!! You are the DO student hero! :horns:

Congrats, man! :)

Thanks for all the support, you guys...i appreciate it. I had no idea, really. I was ecstatic after my USMLE score, I am just numb now.

Are you guys getting these scores in the mail or are these leaked from your schools? Just wondering... our school won't even admit that they got them yet :rolleyes: . A classmate just called and said he got his in the mail today.

ATnS

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
Got my scores today

724/99

somebody pinch me.....

PACtoDOC, NebelDO, Idiopathic, et. al....

You guys did fabulously. Congratulations, you must be very proud!!!!!!!!

Officially stalking my mailbox now....WHERE OH WHERE are my scores?! LECOM denied having them on thursday afternoon...find that hard to believe! :rolleyes:

You guys make it real hard not to player-hate :D ! I've never seen so many 700's! Congratulations you smartasses :p ... represent. Don't hate the players, hate the game :thumbup: .

thanks big frank
thanks idio.. these will definitely get us plenty of DO interviews..how much do you think it will translate over in the MD world?My USMLE was 237. Do you think our COMLEX scores will help at all to get more interviews or will it not matter?
i welcomes your thoughts..