• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

fisgig

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2001
boston, MA
Status (Visible)
What is considered a good COMLEX 1 score?....disregarding what residency you may want, what is a good score?

4thYrMedStdnt

15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2001
Status (Visible)
I would have to say that a good score is generally considered to be anything above 500, which is the mean. However, the answer to this question does really depend on what type of residency you will be applying to.

William Bohannon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2001
Sylacauga, AL , US
Status (Visible)
I have not talked with very many residency sites. So far a what I have been told is good score is a PASS. Don't get too wrapped up in splitting hairs over a few points. Most residencies just want to know that you can pass boards.

The main factor is enthusiam. If you are enthusiatic about the program, then you are already in good standing. Also, are you someone that other people can stand to be around for 3 to 5 years?

That's just what I have been told.

Will

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.