COMLEX 2 Study Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO_Surgeon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure this question has been beaten like a dead horse, but real quick what are a couple of good books?

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of test breakdown on this years COMLEX II here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99315

Hit the above thread and you should be good. In general, study as you would for USMLE II (Crush, Boards & Wards). Both of those books are fantastic. Questions were worthless for this test as its format is totally insane. Factoids, matching, & poopily written cases.

+ throw in high yeild obgyn (vag bleeds, stds, pregnancy, maternal fetal medicine, menopause)
+ add a LIGHT sprinkle of Swansons (fp crap, peds, maternal fetal medicine) to hit stuff not in review books. I covered the material in 2 days of half ass review.
+ review COBRA law on emedicine.com
+ OMM autonomics and a BRIEF review of savarese
+ for endocrine I copied the section from Prescription for the Boards from a buddy. Not sure how much it helped for this test but its well written & easy to memorize.

I didn't find BP peds all that useful for this test. However it did help with my medical knowledge...my recall is fading fast though.

Ta Da, you done. Now lets see if I even passed this friggen test! My only hope is that everyone else I have spoken with felt that they failed as well.

HI,

Could you talk a little bit more about these law questions? I heard from students at my school that they were mostly centered on medical malpractice--is this true?

Do you know any books for this?

I thought "COBRA" was a law designed to let employees take health insurance with them when they leave thier jobs--what the hell does that have to do with us?

I believe you be mistaken about COBRA. Its all about transfering and accepting patients. Read up on it.

Uwashington has a good medical ethics site, but I don't have the link for it anymore. Just search on the internet and spend a little time reading about COBRA/EMTLA and some medical ethics. Do not make this a major focus of your studies.