• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

DO_Surgeon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
I am sure this question has been beaten like a dead horse, but real quick what are a couple of good books?

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Lots of test breakdown on this years COMLEX II here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99315

Hit the above thread and you should be good. In general, study as you would for USMLE II (Crush, Boards & Wards). Both of those books are fantastic. Questions were worthless for this test as its format is totally insane. Factoids, matching, & poopily written cases.

+ throw in high yeild obgyn (vag bleeds, stds, pregnancy, maternal fetal medicine, menopause)
+ add a LIGHT sprinkle of Swansons (fp crap, peds, maternal fetal medicine) to hit stuff not in review books. I covered the material in 2 days of half ass review.
+ review COBRA law on emedicine.com
+ OMM autonomics and a BRIEF review of savarese
+ for endocrine I copied the section from Prescription for the Boards from a buddy. Not sure how much it helped for this test but its well written & easy to memorize.

I didn't find BP peds all that useful for this test. However it did help with my medical knowledge...my recall is fading fast though.

Ta Da, you done. Now lets see if I even passed this friggen test! My only hope is that everyone else I have spoken with felt that they failed as well.

Molly Maquire

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2003
Somewhere beyond the sea
Status (Visible)
HI,

Could you talk a little bit more about these law questions? I heard from students at my school that they were mostly centered on medical malpractice--is this true?

Do you know any books for this?

I thought "COBRA" was a law designed to let employees take health insurance with them when they leave thier jobs--what the hell does that have to do with us?

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I believe you be mistaken about COBRA. Its all about transfering and accepting patients. Read up on it.

Uwashington has a good medical ethics site, but I don't have the link for it anymore. Just search on the internet and spend a little time reading about COBRA/EMTLA and some medical ethics. Do not make this a major focus of your studies.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.