SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

comlex 2

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Shark, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Shark

Shark Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Can anyone suggest a good review book for comlex 2? I've heard "Prescription for the Boards" is good. Appreciate any advice.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. doughboy

doughboy Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Try NMS USMLE Step 2 question book. Questions are very difficult but the explanations are very thorough and lengthy. Blueprints series are okay. It all depends on how much time you want/can spend on studying. If you read during your rotations you should have no problems. The Savarese book on OMM is okay, hopefully your school has their own review book for OMM. I thought First Aid Step 2 was okay, nothing spectacular. They do have a grading system for a lot of review books which you can browse through at the bookstore without purchasing it.
  4. Ligament

Ligament Interventional Pain Management Physician Lifetime Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Due to unexpected emergencies, I only had a couple days to study for comlex 2. I found only two books to be essential:

1. savrese OMM board review (the blue book)
    2. Swanson's family practice review. This was ExcELLENT! very high yeild for the comlex. I owned all the other step two books: first aid, prescriptions, crush the boards, etc. but Swanson's was by far the most educational and most useful for the comlex. However, i do not think it would be the best choice for the USMLE.

5. DOtobe

DOtobe 10+ Year Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    What is the name of the Savarese book? Is it just called "OMM Board Review?"