Comlex 2008 step 1 experiences thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlasticMan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taken the COMLEX this year and want to comment on it? What are they emphasizing this time around? What was your preparation(UWORLD, COMSAE, Kaplan,USMLERx, etc.) and how did it compare?

Members don't see this ad.

lots of really high scores on here...I guess that's what we call the SDN skew... it seems to be par for the course around here to get 600+, but that is NOT what most people out there are getting (ya know, those other DO students in the "real world" that I know :p ), so congrats to all on the amazing scores! :D ;)

I'm following you, but they only posted limited info on the website with the scores. Hopefully the hard copy I will receive in the mail will clear things up a bit? Who knows???.... It probably is voodoo.

on the mailed score report this year it says SD of 79...I know all of that garbage online is hard to make sense of about the score reports :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
246/99
684/95

Can some one please tell me what the hell my Comlex score means. There is no predicting out comes for the Comlex???????

246/99
684/95

Can some one please tell me what the hell my Comlex score means. There is no predicting out comes for the Comlex???????

It means you're very competitive, based on your board score, for any DO residency. Now you have to bust your ass rotating at the programs you're interested in before some kid with a 410 snatches your spot b/c you never did an AI.

If you're going allopathic, your COMLEX score is useless. In fact, unless you send it, allopathic PDs will only see your USMLE score, which is all they care about.

It means you're very competitive, based on your board score, for any DO residency. Now you have to bust your ass rotating at the programs you're interested in before some kid with a 410 snatches your spot b/c you never did an AI.

If you're going allopathic, your COMLEX score is useless. In fact, unless you send it, allopathic PDs will only see your USMLE score, which is all they care about.

if no question's a dumb question...what is AI??? ;) thanks :oops:

Hey, anyone who took the AUGUST/SEPT comlex your experiences would be greatly appreciated:) Thanks.

hey guys i got a 584..is that competitive for anesthesia residency allopathic and osteopathic?
thanks

hey guys i got a 584..is that competitive for anesthesia residency allopathic and osteopathic?
thanks

You will have better luck posting this in the anesthesia forum.

But from my limited observation, I suspect it will be solid for most osteopathic and allopathic ones (though some of the allopathic programs will reject your application outright if you don't take USMLE Step 1).