Step III COMLEX 3 and License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

microshar88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
Is there any loophole to take COMLEX 3 before intern year? I will have my degree end of May (physical grad walk), and I am doing COMQUEST right now.

I was also wondering, are there any states that will allow you to have your license with successful completion of step 3? Due to some extenuating personal circumstances, I am planning on applying for residency this summer. I know most general practitioners require a year of postgraduate training and successful completion of step 3, to get licensure, but I was wondering if there are any states that are ok without it. I don't think anyone would hire me for a clinical position, but maybe I could get some pathology based research or teach part time?

Thank you in advance.
 
Hi,
Is there any loophole to take COMLEX 3 before intern year? I will have my degree end of May (physical grad walk), and I am doing COMQUEST right now.

I was also wondering, are there any states that will allow you to have your license with successful completion of step 3? Due to some extenuating personal circumstances, I am planning on applying for residency this summer. I know most general practitioners require a year of postgraduate training and successful completion of step 3, to get licensure, but I was wondering if there are any states that are ok without it. I don't think anyone would hire me for a clinical position, but maybe I could get some pathology based research or teach part time?

Thank you in advance.
May be state dependent but I am pretty sure you just need to be graduated from med school to take level 3...now if your program provides funding for it and you sign up before starting you may be SOL on getting the exam paid for.