1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Comlex Books

Discussion in 'Step II' started by AbuJadenDO, Feb 15, 2007.

1. AbuJadenDO

AbuJadenDO Soon2beOB
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JayneCobb

JayneCobb big damn hero....
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    AbuJadenDO

AbuJadenDO Soon2beOB
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    well simple understanding of the statement "fellows who aced the boards" would imply that the comlex writers of the omm portion see eye to eye with those same fellows...that's why they 'aced that portion of the boards'

4. JayneCobb

JayneCobb big damn hero....
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    While this is nice, it is of no comfort to me. Kuchera & Kuchera's book "Osteopathic Considerations in Systemic Dysfunction" is suppose to be the gold standard text for OMM, (which I read twice before boards) and it frequently would have contradictory information from the questions they asked. but I guess my point is, if the experts can't agree, why are we being tested over it?

That being said, 80% of the questions can easily be obtained by knowing Sav's chapters 10 & 11, then another 10% by knowing positioning, general nomenclature, dx, and treatment. It's the other 10% which is pure crap.