SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

COMLEX Emergency - please help!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by wanna_be_do, Jun 5, 2000.

1. DrWBD

DrWBD Formerly 'wanna_be_do' Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

May 2, 1999
    Long Island, NY USA
    My friend just gave me a call, he is supposed to take the COMLEX Step I tomorrow morning and can't find the papers sent by the NBOME which he is supposed to bring to the exam. Right now he is frantically searching his apartment, not the best thing to be doing the night before the boards.

Does anyone here know whether you can sit for the COMLEX without this sheet of paper? Can he bring some other forms of ID instead? Any (timely) advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. UHS2002

UHS2002 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 11, 1999
    Yes, he can. A friend of mine is in the same predictment and was told by the school that he can take it without the paper. They have his ticket with his picture on, so that should be enough.

On the other hand, the paper you get for the USMLE has a number that you need for your test, to which the testing center has no access. So, if you loose the letter you get for the USMLE, you cannot take it until you get a new one.

4. DrWBD

DrWBD Formerly 'wanna_be_do' Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

May 2, 1999
    Long Island, NY USA
    UHS2002, thanks! I'm gonna give him a call right now!!