Comlex II Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon62781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gotten their scores back yet??

I took mine on July 27, and my status just finally switched from "Scheduled" to "Exam Taken"

Members don't see this ad.

I took Step 2 Comlex on July 27 as well. In the middle of my first 50 question block, the computers in the whole place froze and we all had to exit the center for about 20 minutes so they could fix the problem! I believe I was the only one there taking comlex. Anyways, I just received an incident report from the NBOME saying that my scores would be delayed 2-3 months and that there will be a mark on my score card indicating a time discrepancy!! This really sucks- it was not my fault at all!! :mad:

That is COMPLETELY unacceptable... ya know, I like the fact that a computer cuts down to 1day vs 2, but come on... delaying your score for that long when you had no control over it??? That's f'ing ridiculous! Moreover, not sure what your status of step 1 is, but for those who did very poorly on step 1 could REALLY use step 2 scores when applying to residencies... anyway, I feel for ya. Haven't checked my mail for awhile... maybe I got a card too. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
When I got on the forum and I saw a thread entitled "Comlex 2 scores" I started to get excited that the scores have been released, but alas, no such luck.

Called the NBOME today, since my email attempts got me no answers except for a pre-generated response. Spoke with some woman who told me that because it's taking so long to get the Level 1 scores out, our Level 2 scores are going to be "probably at the VERY earliest 5 weeks, but more likely all of 6 weeks" this is regarding those of us who took it back on July 26-27... who knows. Maybe that means I can have some peace from checking that damn website, but who am I kidding?!

Ya this sucks. Thanks for the sympathy. Honestly, how hard is it to grade a test?

A computerized test at that. I remember taking the GRE in undergrad when I thought I wanted to be a PT. Lo and behold, you received your score at the end of the test. Shocking!

They probably have to do some statistical crap, but waiting sucks.

Email from the Dean yesterday stating that the NBOME is going to crack down on people who post specifics about the COMLEX 2 CE. So far most of the posts I've seen (maybe all?) have been very general (and there have definitely been no verbatim ?s posted), so I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. Just keep this in mind as we vent about the test, etc.

What do you think the odds are that our scores will be released this week? I going to figure 25 to 1.

i'd go 50-1. It's the freakin COMLEX, it takes them 4 weeks just to figure out the answers themselves!

i'd go 50-1. It's the freakin COMLEX, it takes them 4 weeks just to figure out the answers themselves!

You guys are killing me. Everytime I see a new post I think somebody got their scores and my heart stops! :rolleyes:

From the website, it looks like they might do them in batches 2 months or longer apart. Right now only scores from exams taken after June 30 are online. You'd think there would be another update if they did another batch on July 30.

My guess is September 1.

It is crazy that it takes so long. But I'll bet the reason is that they have to get an appropriate number of test takers to calculate our scores. USMLE is able to have a quick turnaround because they have a much much higher volume of people taking tests, therefore they are able to grow a large enough sample size pretty quickly. Remeber, all these tests are (supposedly) on a bell curve, so you need a relatively large sample size in order to appropriately create an accurate mean and SD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else notice that the status of Step II COMLEX has now changed back to "Scheduled" from "Exam Taken"??????? Does this mean it's gonna be another 1,000,000 weeks? I took mine in July... The NBOME site is schizoid!

The Nbome and the AOA really make me wish I would haved applied to allopathic schools.

COMLEX- On my home page, under step 2 it just switched from "Exam Taken" back to "Scheduled".... Did anyone else's do this, or is this the first sign that I have failed?

COMLEX- On my home page, under step 2 it just switched from "Exam Taken" back to "Scheduled".... Did anyone else's do this, or is this the first sign that I have failed?

Anyone else notice that the status of Step II COMLEX has now changed back to "Scheduled" from "Exam Taken"??????? Does this mean it's gonna be another 1,000,000 weeks? I took mine in July... The NBOME site is schizoid!

Not sure what it means, but to answer your first question, see above... :rolleyes:

I don't know how many of you guys read the fine print at the end of the survey page but it said something like-
"if scores are not in your mailbox by a ridculously late date, like the 13th week after you take the Comlex, you will receive an automatic 800".

And for you lucky kidz that just happened to take on August 6th...well big winner you not only get a perfect score. There is a romantic weekend in fabulous Kirksville coming in that envelope! At the not-so-still Still house you will receive a complimentary gift basket w/ your own skull and a femur that has a soft rubber trochanter AND a battery pack.

Congratulations!!!!

I don't know how many of you guys read the fine print at the end of the survey page but it said something like-
"if scores are not in your mailbox by a ridculously late date, like the 13th week after you take the Comlex, you will receive an automatic 800".

And for you lucky kidz that just happened to take on August 6th...well big winner you not only get a perfect score. There is a romantic weekend in fabulous Kirksville coming in that envelope! At the not-so-still Still house you will receive a complimentary gift basket w/ your own skull and a femur that has a soft rubber trochanter AND a battery pack.

Congratulations!!!!

Damn! I should've taken it Aug 6th then! I'd rather have a vacation to Kirksville than getting a perfect score!

do the august test takers get compared to july or only august?

i ask b/c i took mine aug 16th am wondering if i have to wait till all august ppl take it before the 5+ weeks it takes to compile raw scores before curved ones are sent out???

i hate waiting too.

Us July folks are even antsier than you August people. There is apparently no rhyme or reason. I assume they are waiting for the stars to align appropriately. You should get yours by January, I would think. :rolleyes:

Checking that "other website" is exhausting....

Someone wanna call me when I can actually get my score??

Anyone gotten their scores back yet??

I took mine on July 27, and my status just finally switched from "Scheduled" to "Exam Taken"

I took mine 26 Jul and it still says "Scheduled" on the website. I'm not looking forward to receiving the score...just hope to pass:smuggrin:

My god, I seriously think If they do not get the scores out soon, I just might go postal on some NBOME folks. (disclaimer: I do not want to hurt anybody)
I am just so frustrated and wish they would give us some straight answers instead of this predetermined generic email response bull****. :mad:

My god, I seriously think If they do not get the scores out soon, I just might go postal on some NBOME folks. (disclaimer: I do not want to hurt anybody)
I am just so frustrated and wish they would give us some straight answers instead of this predetermined generic email response bull****. :mad:

They FINALLY just released STEP I scores from JUNE today. That has been the only update on that godforsaken website since August 22.

Does this mean it will take them another 6 weeks to rub their sticks together and count on their abacus or whatever it is they do in that building in Chicago to get our step 2 scores out??

I know we sound like a bunch of whiners, but COME ONE! Last time I checked, Step 2 scores I think are a BIT more important to release than the step 1's. I don't THINK any 3rd years are busy applying to residencies. I should probably stop jinxing myself... I'll probably end up with the dreaded "FAIL" now! :eek:

I officially hate the NBOME.

Congratulations!!!!

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time!!:laugh: What makes it even funnier is that it is probably true. lol:laugh:

I know we sound like a bunch of whiners, but COME ONE! Last time I checked, Step 2 scores I think are a BIT more important to release than the step 1's. I don't THINK any 3rd years are busy applying to residencies. I should probably stop jinxing myself... I'll probably end up with the dreaded "FAIL" now! :eek:

Just remember...Big Brother is watching.... ;)

Just remember...Big Brother is watching.... ;)

If Big Brother was watching they would realize that "our counterparts" (that would be those MD's) have us CRUSHED in this facet of life. Our education is parallel, but in the realm of standardized tests, the DO community just can't get it together.

If Big Brother is watching, CHANGE SOME THINGS FAST before some young, impressionable undergrad kids read this and decide to save themselves the hassle.... We are already screwed (ie, several hundred thousand in the hole), but if I knew any of this before signing that little med school contract, I wound have totally looked for an MD spot.

TIC TOC TIC TOC.... 6 weeks and counting... (won't say anthing more since big brother may be watching) ;) now ya got me all paranoid, SophieJane

I spoke with NBOME today and July scores will be released tomorrow!!! About Fu%#in time

Just a FYI for everyone, some chick took the USMLE on August 3rd, and already got her scores back. GO COMLEX!!!

I spoke with the NBOME today as well and they told me that if I stopped calling and bugging them, they would give me the Romantic Vacation to Kirksville that was mentioned a few posts back even though I took Step 2 in July, not August. I opted for that instead of the automatic 800 because I hear Kirksville is nice this time of year. Alright, I'm losin my mind...it's official. Gonna have myself a nice, cold, refreshing beer now and try to forget that tomorrow could be a very bad day. It seems like the longer I'm forced to wait, the more sure I am that I didn't do so well on that test. :thumbup: :thumbdown: :confused:

I love that this thread is 42 (now 43) posts long and not a single post includes an actual score!

But we've had some laughs, no? I wouldn't trade my osteopathic education for anything. It's just too entertaining at times like this.

I agree......

Is anyone sick and tired of the MD vs DO thingy like I am... I just stumbled upon a post by some University of Oklahoma kids attacking my school (Oklahoma Sate) despite the fact that we are nationally ranked and their school is NEVER ranked. I explained our excellence in IM and other specialties, but they consistently state that I am attempting to "justify my choices in medicine" and that DOs spend their careers arguing about being equal to MDs.

How Can I end this???? How can I enlighten them???

I NEED A BEER! Or, some Rum-a-Dum!

You will never convince them, just like you will never convince people who are racist of anything other than what they hold as their personal truth. It's a defense mechanism, and a poor one at that, to attack/put down/etc...and it shows their level of maturity to be pretty low.

Don't stoop to it or spend a second trying to change it. Just kick ass in your career. That will be the best revenge.

I agree......

Is anyone sick and tired of the MD vs DO thingy like I am... I just stumbled upon a post by some University of Oklahoma kids attacking my school (Oklahoma Sate) despite the fact that we are nationally ranked and their school is NEVER ranked. I explained our excellence in IM and other specialties, but they consistently state that I am attempting to "justify my choices in medicine" and that DOs spend their careers arguing about being equal to MDs.

How Can I end this???? How can I enlighten them???

I NEED A BEER! Or, some Rum-a-Dum!

OMG, what a classic example of projection right here. You came on our thread and started bashing our school, and now you're acting like we're the ones who are jerks. Don't go starting fights and whining about the negative response. :rolleyes:

Does this mean it will take them another 6 weeks to rub their sticks together and count on their abacus or whatever it is they do in that building in Chicago to get our step 2 scores out??
what ever they do in there all that matters is that we own that building!!!:)

Now, now children... can't we all just get along? MD? DO? PA? DC? OD? NP? RN? MEd? PhD? BS? Does it all REALLY MATTER?????? After all, they're JUST letters, RIGHT?? Ok, maybe not, but the whole MD vs. DO thing? Yeah, it's kinda played out. So all you MD's? You are SO last season with the DO bashing... let's pick on the BS's instead. We'll start a trend. This is ridiculous. Ok, I'll go try one of those SChaggelweisees or whatever the shizzle they're called.

I love that this thread is 42 (now 43) posts long and not a single post includes an actual score!

But we've had some laughs, no? I wouldn't trade my osteopathic education for anything. It's just too entertaining at times like this.

By the way... THIS is the funniest thing on this forum... how f'ing ironic is that?! Hopefully tomorrow, we will break the silence! Aiight, g'nite kids.