Comlex II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acerbus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do students typically take step II? My plan was to take it on July 2nd so my score will be released with my residency application (I'm only doing the AOA match). However, my current rotation is more busier than I originally thought and I am having a hard time getting all my studying done. Would it hurt my application if I have my step II score added one month later in mid august (push my exam back by 3 weeks and take it in late July)?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a good Level 1, and you're applying to a field that doesn't tend to require Level 2 for offering interviews (you should have seen an indication for this on program websites or you may consider contacting programs directly), you should be fine postponing it. I know people not taking it until after July. Be sure to have results in well before Dec/Jan though, so that it won't prevent places from ranking you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not but depends on all your variables, level 1, specialty, projected score, etc.

My comlex 1 score is not the greatest (I passed on first attempt but I was very disappointed) but the rest of my academics are solid (good grades, never failed any exams, etc). I passed the PE on first attempt. I plan on going into family medicine. The delay of the comlex 2 score would be only one month (I would take it in july to get the score in mid august).

My comlex 1 score is not the greatest (I passed on first attempt but I was very disappointed) but the rest of my academics are solid (good grades, never failed any exams, etc). I passed the PE on first attempt. I plan on going into family medicine. The delay of the comlex 2 score would be only one month (I would take it in july to get the score in mid august).
Then delay you should be fine. good luck

So on a related note when would be considered late for applying/getting Level 2 results to AOA (well, really dual-accredited) FM programs?
Anecdotally I know people that took level 2 in Nov and did fine, and a lot of programs only need level 1 in order to obtain your interview. If your application is strong that is ballsy, but the better programs want a complete application in sooner so I would say Aug/Sept.

Reactions: 1 user