Comlex Level 2 comparison with COMBANK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abcshawnxyz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the ones who have already taken COMLEX Level 2 and used COMBANK, were the qbank questions a good representation of COMLEX?

I've done fairly well on UWORLD (avg 85%) and I am actually a little disappointed that I'm not doing as well on COMBANK (avg 75%). It seems like they have a good amount of questions that require you to know the disease in detail to get it right. Also, they have a ton of random questions. Is this what is expected from the real deal?

What about comquest?

Members don't see this ad.

My comlex 2 was very similar to combank. I think I got an 89% on combank and a low 700 on the real thing. I didn't think comquest was very representive of comlex level 2. It is good for chapman's points, however. If you have the time, I'd do uworld x1, comquest x1, and combank x2. The only practice test I took was form B. I got a 680 on it.

My comlex 2 was very similar to combank. I think I got an 89% on combank and a low 700 on the real thing. I didn't think comquest was very representive of comlex level 2. It is good for chapman's points, however. If you have the time, I'd do uworld x1, comquest x1, and combank x2. The only practice test I took was form B. I got a 680 on it.

Did you also take the NBME and if so, which forms and how did you score on those? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't like Combank personally. I felt it was riddled with poor grammar/spelling and the explanations were not helpful. I used UW and COMQUEST since I took both COMLEX and USMLE. My COMQUEST percentage was high 70's. I took a COMSAE with a predicted score of mid 630s. My UW assessment was mid 240s. I scored a 646 and 246 on COMLEX/USMLE.

I felt COMQUEST was much more effective for COMLEX 2 prep- both in content and the test mode experience/layout.