COMLEX Level 3 Practice Items

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gfunkera

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the $8 200 question booklet you can purchase from the NBOME? If so, is it worth the cash?

Members don't see this ad.

It only took 25 days to get a response. I took Level 3 on Thursday, and it was better than Level 2, but still more worthless than a Ethics lecture in med school. And $8 is $8. Don't knock a cheap man's question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever buy the book? was it worth it?

I bought the book and I thought it was worth it because as much Qbank and blueprints questions I did, none of them were really comlex formatted, they were more usmle formatted. So I found it useful to at least do a few questions that were comlex formatted. i did it a few days before the exam just to get in comlex mode, so to speak.

I found the booklet helpful because of the formatting of questions is the same as comlex. There were also several directly duplicated quesitons from the booklet. And several more that were close matches.

I also found that the AOA family practice yearly "in service" exam was good practice as well. (Too bad I took it the day AFTER I took comlex.)

i just got the practice bookelt,

wher do i find the aoa inservice fam prac quetions , anywhere online? thanks

You don't. It is an AOA test given to FP interns/residents yearly to assess competency. I mentioned it in case any one hasn't taken step 3 yet but will take the inservice exam so that they can get a feel for step 3. The question format is the same.

i just got the practice bookelt,

wher do i find the aoa inservice fam prac quetions , anywhere online? thanks[/QUOTE

I don't know your special situation other than you failed twice already and I would be lying to you if I understand what you are feeling right now.

For what it's worth I did not do any of those questions except read the first aid for step III and got above 600 on comlex III. My previous board exam scores also were in high 600s as well. I know if the comlex is a perfect barometer of medical knowledge, but I had no problem doing well on my inservice class exam in internal medicine also.

I agreed that comlex is not well written test and some of the questions are vague. However as a doctor you have to have an ability to make a decision from a limited / vague information. And it is comforting to know that it does not take much to just pass the exam. It is a fair exam, but clearly not perfect.

If I were you I would spent considerable more time studying medical info and not spent too much time doing questions. Remember you will be faced with new questions and you need medical knowledge to answer them.

Bump.

For those that used the book and took the test. Any correlation? I got about a 70%.