COMLEX Panic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Leo Spaceman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My COMLEX level 1 is on 7/17 and I'm starting to freak out. My COMSAEs have been 101: 387 (April); 103: 408 (May), 102: 415 (June). I am taking 104 next week some time. I have done all of Combank and Comquest and about 30% of UWorld. I've been through Sketchy twice and the Green Book once. Combank average was 60%; Comquest average was 63%; UWorld average is 54% so far. What should I be doing for the next 3 weeks? I'm terrified of failing this terrible monstrosity of an exam.

Edit: Thought I'd include that I'm hoping to match psych or anesthesia. I could really use a 500 on this beast. Class rank is mid-bottom third.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My COMLEX level 1 is on the 7/17 and I'm starting to freak out. My COMSAEs have been 101: 387 (April); 103: 408 (May), 102: 415 (June). I am taking 104 next week some time. I have done all of Combank and Comquest and about 30% of UWorld. I've been through Sketchy twice and the Green Book once. Combank average was 60%; Comquest average was 63%; UWorld average is 54% so far. What should I be doing for the next 3 weeks? I'm terrified of failing this terrible monstrosity of an exam.

Edit: Thought I'd include that I'm hoping to match psych or anesthesia. I could really use a 500 on this beast. Class rank is mid-bottom third.
Study hard my friend! Gun like 7-17 is the date and be okay pushing back if you can’t break 500. I highly recommend blasting DIT, it really brings the high yield together. This is assuming your schools gives you DIT, if not that’s okay, focus on high yield stuff. Please consider giving anki a try, pump the pepper micro/pharm deck and turn huge chunks of micro/pharm into free points. When you get hit with weird Comlex junk ask yourself “if this was an easy question, what would be the answer?” And pick that!!! Because they try try try to make it weird and tricky, but most of the time the gimmie ans that you knee jerk want to pick IS THE RIGHT ANSWER on Comlex. Step, not as much, but Comlex yes.

Best of luck!

My COMLEX level 1 is on 7/17 and I'm starting to freak out. My COMSAEs have been 101: 387 (April); 103: 408 (May), 102: 415 (June). I am taking 104 next week some time. I have done all of Combank and Comquest and about 30% of UWorld. I've been through Sketchy twice and the Green Book once. Combank average was 60%; Comquest average was 63%; UWorld average is 54% so far. What should I be doing for the next 3 weeks? I'm terrified of failing this terrible monstrosity of an exam.

You need to push your date back and start cranking UWorld questions and figure out what your weak points are. You are at serious risk of failing with those scores. My school won't even authorize you to take it without getting a 440 on a COMSAE. Are you making flashcards about the things you got wrong?

I ended up cranking out about 1200 more UWorld questions (up to 61%), finished the Kaplan COMLEX Q-bank with a 66%, and scored 446 on COMSAE 104. I also took the COMQUEST full length and made a 542, and the TrueLearn full length and made a 506-521. My COMLEX is in the morning. Here goes nothin'

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Youre not at risk of failing. But you may not get a 500. COMSAEs notoriously under predict by sometimes 100 points. I got a 415 on 105 2 months before and then a 440 on 104 like 3 days before and ended up getting a 500+ on the real thing. You'll be fine.

Thought I’d add in that I passed. It was sub-450, but I learned a lot about how to prepare for exams like this in the future!

Reactions: 2 users