COMLEX part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreenEyedMonster

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any different advice for the COMLEX part II?

I have read the advice for USMLE (NMS, Blueprints, and Rx for the Boards) and it sounds great, but I was wondering if I should take a slightly different approach for the COMLEX.

Also, how does everyone compare part I and part II of COMLEX? Any huge differences?

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Some people suggest going through Swanson's family practice review. I felt their was a mild difference in the style of questions from the COMLEX and USMLE. I felt COMLEX focused on certain areas a lot while the USMLE tested a broader and more specific range of subjects. Plus, the OMM on the COMLEX is supposed to be about 25% of the exam so definitely make sure you put some time into that. Hopefully your reading during rotations will help you a lot. I also felt somethings you just won't read in a book or get definite answers such as what diagnostic tests you would want to do first for certain conditions. It helps if you had some exposure to patients with a wide range of clinical pathology.

Get the Savarese OMT review book along with the books in the first post and you can't go wrong.

Good luck.