COMLEX Comlex PE insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PEscaresME

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lots of the PE threads I've seen are at least a few years old. I was wondering if anyone from the last few testing cycles could share information about how their PE went (obviously nothing that violates the confidentiality agreement). I took mine recently and, like so many others, can only fixate on what I should have done differently. It also scares me that the SPs are in charge of so much of our grading to determine the pass/fail. Like we invested nearly 4 years of training and $xxx,xxx only to have a few random strangers determine our fate based on a snapshot of who we are as students.

Can anyone comment on things they missed or did wrong, yet still passed?

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of the PE threads I've seen are at least a few years old. I was wondering if anyone from the last few testing cycles could share information about how their PE went (obviously nothing that violates the confidentiality agreement). I took mine recently and, like so many others, can only fixate on what I should have done differently. It also scares me that the SPs are in charge of so much of our grading to determine the pass/fail. Like we invested nearly 4 years of training and $xxx,xxx only to have a few random strangers determine our fate based on a snapshot of who we are as students.

Can anyone comment on things they missed or did wrong, yet still passed?
I agree with this completely. I honestly think its so unorganized the way they do things. The SP's probably don't even know what objectivity means and what possible implications failing can have an on individuals life and future career which is totally awful. If you have a job, do it to the best of your abilities, don't half ass it no matter what you do in life.

Reactions: 1 user
I felt like you, didn't enjoy having to fly to Philly, didn't like the area much, was in a funk from the end of 3rd year, couldn't bring myself to study much for it etc..

I left the testing center feeling pretty horrible, there were some rough cases that I felt certain I bungled. I even had one OMM patient that I straight up didn't have a treatment to offer despite his request for it. I felt I handled it as best I could, telling him to take ibuprofen and rest and if it wasn't improving in a few days to come back and I would be prepared with a manipulation treatment. I knew this wouldn't cut it for my OMM skills grade, but I felt it was at least honest, and patient centered; so I felt OK with how I handled it.

I felt hopeful based on the stories of folks who passed despite feeling certain they failed. But I also got comfortable with the idea that I likely failed.

Results came in today, I passed despite all the things that said I might not. I'm sure you will too.