COMLEX PE travel question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, my search function is jacked up. I'm sure this has been discussed, but...

Has anyone flown to Philly and not rented a car, just taken the train to Consho-whatever that suburb is and stayed at the overpriced (and likely AOA-owned) Embassy Suites conveniently and coincidentally located next door to the testing center?

Is it a nightmare to get there by train at certain times of day?

How did you PCOMers manage to get the testing site 10 miles from your school? Was there a payoff involved?? ;)

I really want to keep it simple. Any travel advice appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I went by Tropiano shuttles. It's only $21 each way and they take you right next to the shuttle. I didn't want to worry about the traffic and getting lost so I wanted to be in a hotel near the test site.

I ended up renting a car for $35.00 including all taxes and $7.00 for gas. I figured that was cheaper and easier for me, then to take shuttles,taxies, or trains. Traffic was not bad at all and the place was not hard to find. All the AOA places were rented out the day I was scheduled(my advice is to book a room b/f paying the money for the exam first, I had to spend more a room then I wanted to) So, I stayed at a Hampton INN 3 mi away. Parking is not a problem at the site. I know some people who took the train and there was mixed reviews. Hope this helps!

Take the train! It's $7 each way from the airport, drops you within walking distance to both the Marriott and the testing center. You don't need a car at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Flea girl said:
I ended up renting a car for $35.00 including all taxes and $7.00 for gas. I figured that was cheaper and easier for me, then to take shuttles,taxies, or trains. Traffic was not bad at all and the place was not hard to find. All the AOA places were rented out the day I was scheduled(my advice is to book a room b/f paying the money for the exam first, I had to spend more a room then I wanted to) So, I stayed at a Hampton INN 3 mi away. Parking is not a problem at the site. I know some people who took the train and there was mixed reviews. Hope this helps!

My exam is in mid August, I'm way early, so hopefully I can still get a room.

sophiejane said:
My exam is in mid August, I'm way early, so hopefully I can still get a room.

I had booked my exam May or June of last year for end of Sept. It was strange, I had the bad luck of taking the exam when there was some convention in town.

I stayed at the Marriott Consho only a few blocks away. The Tropiano shuttle took me airport to the door of the hotel ($42 round trip). You can call the Marriott for details and the phone number of the shuttle for advanced reservations. The Marriott also had breakfast and dinner included which will save you time examination morning. There is a special AOA rate but it is still expensive. It was nice and quiet and worth the money to be within walking distance.

sophiejane said:
Sorry, my search function is jacked up. I'm sure this has been discussed, but...

Has anyone flown to Philly and not rented a car, just taken the train to Consho-whatever that suburb is and stayed at the overpriced (and likely AOA-owned) Embassy Suites conveniently and coincidentally located next door to the testing center?

Is it a nightmare to get there by train at certain times of day?

How did you PCOMers manage to get the testing site 10 miles from your school? Was there a payoff involved?? ;)

I really want to keep it simple. Any travel advice appreciated.

Has anyone tried to book with United using the AOA discount? What kind of prices are they talking? Cheaper than, say - expedia or travelocity? Thanks!