Step I comlex Q bank: viscerosomatic reflex for kidneys???

Started by december07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

december07

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi all,
For those that have done Comlex Qbank (crap), did you guy get all the vicerosomatic reflex questions on the kidneys wrong? I always pick the answer choice for kidneys as T10-T11 (which is from Savarese), but Kaplan Qbank has the correct answer as T11-L1!
It also state that T10-T11 is Gonads only.

thanks
 
I haven't done any of those, but I remember learning a few days ago as kindeys are T12-L1.
Adrenals are T11-12.

Thanks. But, what you're refering to is the posterior Chapman's reflex points.
What i'm talking about is the sympathetic innervation of viscerosomatic reflex. Here are the common ones:

appendix: T12
Kidneys: T10-T11
Adrenal: T10
Upper ureter: T10-T11
lower ureter: T12-L1
ect.ect.ect......

Honestly, I have no idea what the difference is between chapman's reflex and sympathetic innervation of viscerasomatic reflex points.