COMLEX Questions Vs COMSAE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neurogirl24

Reaction score
How did the questions on the COMLEX compare to the COMSAE? I have been using the questions from Uworld and TrueLearn to prepare and was feeling confident going into my first COMSAE but I found the questions VERY different from Uworld and Truelearn. What did you guys think when you took it?

Members don't see this ad.

COMLEX Qs are very different in style in my opinion and longer too. But passing the COMSAE is a good sign though because my COMLEX scores were higher than any of my comsaes

Based off me + few other friends who took COMSAE, you do around +100 on the real deal given you are not taking it at the end of dedicated

Members don't see this ad :)
COMLEX Qs are very different in style in my opinion and longer too. But passing the COMSAE is a good sign though because my COMLEX scores were higher than any of my comsaes
Based off me + few other friends who took COMSAE, you do around +100 on the real deal given you are not taking it at the end of dedicated
Well that's a relief because I got absolutely bodied on the level 2 COMSAEs.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't taken COMLEX yet: my exam is in a couple of weeks, BUT I have found the question difficulty to go something like this: Kaplan < COMSAE <UWorld <TrueLearn. That's just me and everybody is different, but I was getting >400 on COMSAEs long before I broke 60% on UWorld...It could just be what you're used to or something, or it could be that I'm able to focus my way through better on a COMSAE because it's more like a real exam, but based on my experience, if you're doing well on UWorld/TrueLearn, you should be fine ??? I guess I'll see in a couple of weeks!

comsae is flaming garbage. comlex is flaming garbage that matters

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
They’re worth doing if only to get exposed to the vagueness of the questions. The real deal is longer, but the format is basically the same. Mine were actually +/- 30 points of each other for all 3 Levels. It was actually weird. I would still recommend doing a UWorld assessment or at least an NBME. Even if you barely pass one of those you should be at a comfortably passing score for the COMLEX.

Reactions: 2 users