COMLEX scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

study buddy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recieved their scores from the COMLEX yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope...not yet! But I did get my USMLE scores in.

Originally posted by study buddy:
•Has anyone recieved their scores from the COMLEX yet?•

COMLEX part I usually arrives the first week of August. Good luck to everyone!

Billie, MS-IV

Members don't see this ad :)
UHS called about our scores, and NBOME told them to expect the scores the first week of August. Apparently it takes 8 weeks to run scantrons through a machine. Most people I know who took USMLE in June (including me) received our scores a few days ago (Monday I think.) Good luck to everyone who took COMLEX.

To those who took both the USMLE and COMLEX please comment. What is the difference between the 2 tests (other than COMLEX having some osteopathic content)? Why does the USMLE (steps 1 & 2) last only one day while the COMLEX takes 2? Are the tests given in a similar format? Which did you consider to be the more difficult? Thanks for the info!

The tests are fairly similar in format. I didn't notice one to be more 'clinical' than the other, but then again I didn't pay much attention to that. I thought COMLEX tested a lot of low-yield material...first aid was not very helpful in my opinion. The USMLE tested a lot of stuff out of First Aid as well as things I remember being stressed as important in class. I felt the COMLEX had a ton of cardiac pharmacology on it compared to other subjects whereas the USMLE seemed more balanced. I also felt the USMLE was written better...I remember thinking there were a number of bad questions on COMLEX and I didn't feel that way after the USMLE.

The USMLE lasts one day because it is only 350 questions. COMLEX was 800 questions, so it took 2 days to get through. COMLEX is paper and pencil and USMLE is on the ocmputer, so you can schedule it whenever you want. I took COMLEX on June 5th and 6th and the USMLE on June 8th. Pretty much everyone I know has already received their USMLE scores (if they took the test in June) but COMLEX is making us wait until at least the first week of August....very frustrating.

I thought the COMLEX was more difficult because of the things I have already written about. This isn't to say that the USMLE was easy by any means...in fact I thought I did better on it than I actually did. In general, I thought USMLE was a better test of our ability to function in the hospital and I thought COMLEX was a test of how much little stuff we remember. That's just my opinion though.

Our dean informed us today that he spoke to the great people that are in charge of the COMPLEX and they said they will be mailing scores out some time next week.

The wait is killing me.