• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

girldr

15+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2001
Status (Visible)
Any recommendations on what to use for practice questions when preparing for Comlex III? How is USMLE world vs. qbank?

gfunkera

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2005
Des Moines, IA
Status (Visible)
I used the OMT Review book by Severase for questions. There are 350 questions in the back of the book broken up into four tests (A-D). These questions were good for refreshing some of the obscure OMT concepts from 1st and 2nd year that most DO students forget, as well as keying in on the theory that is necessary for the test.
It is difficult to study for the questions you will encounter on the test. I felt Level 3 tested your cumulative knowledge base from 3rd and 4th year of med school, rather than the day-to-day handling of patients necessary to function competently as an intern.

wook

Just a hairy situation
15+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2002
Where the tides of madness swell
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Any recommendations on what to use for practice questions when preparing for Comlex III? How is USMLE world vs. qbank?

I used USMLEWorld and did fine. I can't compare it to Qbank, though.

Take the test seriously. I had a few obscure OMM questions that tested stuff I hadn't seen in 2-3 years. Test is similar to COMLEX 2, both in format and material tested.

Wook

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.