-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step III COMLEX Step 3 Results
Started by Duckieface
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WOW.
I only took level 2 once (can't say the same for PE... grr...) but my scores are about the same as yours - is step 3 really that much of a joke?
I did the best on step 3, with the least amount of study time. Granted, I'm an IM resident.
That being said, I know two FM residents, 1 IM resident, 2 surgery residents, and a psych resident who failed level 3. I have no idea what they did or didn't do to prepare. Most people do pass this exam though. Do your question banks, review your Savarese and review books if you feel weak in areas, and do your best.
Took mine 11/29 - got the scores back today....funny thing -- studied less - figure 3 weeks of haphazard 1-2 hours a night of questions, first two weeks USMLEWorld about 25 Q's per night.....last week of the first 3, about 25 Q's per night of COMQUEST.....Spent the next two weeks (total of 5) finishing the COMQUEST Q Bank with the exception of derm and heme/onc.....spent the last two days with a light review and going over big ticket items in Savarese.....
Highest score I've had on any of the COMLEX exams....no, I am not kidding. I'm not in the gorilla - you crushed that exam - league but I improved my scores with less study so I'm happy......
Fast question - I've got an attending that's trying to tell me this is a med student level exam and should not be used as a gauge to assess your ability as a physician (i.e. just because you did well on this one, doesn't mean you know jack as a physician or can be trusted).....he's kind of a bonehead from time to time....any thoughts?
Highest score I've had on any of the COMLEX exams....no, I am not kidding. I'm not in the gorilla - you crushed that exam - league but I improved my scores with less study so I'm happy......
Fast question - I've got an attending that's trying to tell me this is a med student level exam and should not be used as a gauge to assess your ability as a physician (i.e. just because you did well on this one, doesn't mean you know jack as a physician or can be trusted).....he's kind of a bonehead from time to time....any thoughts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How were your COMQUEST scores? Without any studying I am 69% average.
I am an IM resident and I am getting absolutely rocked on Peds & OB....I am going to have to start studying those damn subjects. I can't stand them!! grrr
I got about that on COMQUEST, ended up with close to 700 on COMLEX with two weeks studying USMLERX for OB and PEDs and everything that wasn't IM (which is really, really basic on the test.)
Scores came back over the past week.
Very pleased to finally be done with the NBOME.
Studied for about an hour or two for a month solid while on night float-surgery resident.
USMLEWORLD Avg 65%, FirstAid Step 2, and StepUpTo Medicine 2, OMM cram the last two or three days.
Level 1-635/91
Level 2-705/96
Drum Roll Please.....
Level 3-748/94 😱 😀
Good luck to everyone. I think you can easily, easily, pass this exam without studying. I'm just neurotic about the "what if" so I studied.
Very pleased to finally be done with the NBOME.
Studied for about an hour or two for a month solid while on night float-surgery resident.
USMLEWORLD Avg 65%, FirstAid Step 2, and StepUpTo Medicine 2, OMM cram the last two or three days.
Level 1-635/91
Level 2-705/96
Drum Roll Please.....
Level 3-748/94 😱 😀
Good luck to everyone. I think you can easily, easily, pass this exam without studying. I'm just neurotic about the "what if" so I studied.
Well done! Keep those scores and "how I studied" comments coming!
Took it mid-April, results back in about 3.5 weeks. Studied very little, doing some usmleworld questions and reviewing my school's OMM review handout I used for steps 1 and 2. Total study time was roughly 8-10 hrs partly because it's step 3 and I've always been told not to worry and partly because the date snuck up on me. I'm in an Acgme EM program for reference.
Took it and had no idea how I did. I didn't know I'd listen to so many audio clips.
Step 1: 614
Step 2: 613
Step 3: 596
Comsae 2 days earlier: 565
Very pleased as I just wanted to pass and finish this bastard COMLEX series up. If you did well on 1 and 2, you should have little difficulty on 3. Most challenging thing for me was trying to recall all of my OMM but it really was no different than previous 2 steps.
Took it and had no idea how I did. I didn't know I'd listen to so many audio clips.
Step 1: 614
Step 2: 613
Step 3: 596
Comsae 2 days earlier: 565
Very pleased as I just wanted to pass and finish this bastard COMLEX series up. If you did well on 1 and 2, you should have little difficulty on 3. Most challenging thing for me was trying to recall all of my OMM but it really was no different than previous 2 steps.
Passed comfortably.
564.
564.
PHP:
when did you take it?
Spoke with NBOME....May 7 test results should be out in the next couple of days. So nervous
Passed comfortably.
564.
👍
Bring on the fun stuff. You should be startin about now, yeah?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when did you take it?
4/3. I found out 3-4 weeks ago but was not on SDN at the time. was busy.
👍
Bring on the fun stuff. You should be startin about now, yeah?
Yeah buddy. How's things going? Hope you're enjoying your month off prior to the intern grind. Can't wait to start passing gas in a few weeks.
Any suggestions if we fail?
I did combank and conquest. I'll try USMLE world for content review then.
I did combank, comquest, and found UW notes on most topics and hammered those in. Read through Savarese x 2. Honestly, it's a crap shoot. I seriously thought I'd failed it and somehow scored well above passing. You'll be fine.
Passed! Took it May14th. I looked at it like 4 times to see if I was reading it wrong. 60 min earlier it wasn't up, so I was surprised. Really thought I failed.
Used Kaplan and Savarese, and did Comquest/Combank a million times. Redid most of my incorrect answers.
Step 1: 518
Step 2: 468
Step 3:509
I'm a crappy test taker, so this comfortable of a margin = big smile. I would have taken a 350.
Used Kaplan and Savarese, and did Comquest/Combank a million times. Redid most of my incorrect answers.
Step 1: 518
Step 2: 468
Step 3:509
I'm a crappy test taker, so this comfortable of a margin = big smile. I would have taken a 350.
I am in shock, but I passed! 520/83. Here's to a plenitude of lucky guesses! Couldn't be happier!
Yeah buddy. How's things going? Hope you're enjoying your month off prior to the intern grind. Can't wait to start passing gas in a few weeks.
Just waiting to get this intern year started and over.
I don't blame you a bit. I feel the same way.👍
Savarese x1 2 months before the test
Combank 1000+Q's
Step Up to Boards x2
COMLEX 3 = 710
Combank 1000+Q's
Step Up to Boards x2
COMLEX 3 = 710
Passed. Savarese for maybe 4 hours and other material for about 10 hours. Ortho intern here, so the "other material" was not my strong point to say the least... Relax guys, you'll all be fine... If I can do it in about 12 hours of studying you guys will do great if you put any effort into studying. Good luck.
In common fashion for me (similar to a perfect score on the writing sample of MCAT), I scored the highest on 3 of all the tests....the most meaningless one of the 3.
Oh well, no more Chapman's points for me.
Oh well, no more Chapman's points for me.
Yay!
Comlex 1-3, 680, 752, 773!
Did USMLE Rx, UWorld, Combank and Master the Boards. And the green book 1 week before. Just did questions nonstop for 4 weeks during outpatient rotation
Still a terrible test with poorly written questions.
Now I can burn the green book!
Comlex 1-3, 680, 752, 773!
Did USMLE Rx, UWorld, Combank and Master the Boards. And the green book 1 week before. Just did questions nonstop for 4 weeks during outpatient rotation
Still a terrible test with poorly written questions.
Now I can burn the green book!
You must be a genius haha. I just took the comlex december 15. I feel that this was the most random and poorly worded test of the three. I did not feel so hot coming out. I had an 86 pt jump from step 1 to 2. I would be happy with staying around step 2 score at least lol.
Took mine dec 15 and scores came up yesterday! passed! thankfully I am done with NBOME tests!
🙂yay!
Now i can burn the green book!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 578
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 928
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 605