COMLEX STEP I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libbuser

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Interested in what recent COMLEX takers have too say about the exam. We only have 10 days until the big day, any last minute advice or strategies on preparing for the COMLEX? Thanks for your advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by libbuser:
•Hello all,

Interested in what recent COMLEX takers have too say about the exam. We only have 10 days until the big day, any last minute advice or strategies on preparing for the COMLEX? Thanks for your advice!!•

If you don't know the answer, then guess and move on to the next question. Don't obsess about a single question. Memorize your innervations/dermatomes/myotomes for the OPP questions - VERY IMPORTANT. Sleep well, eat well, test well. Stamina is very important for the COMLEX.

Good Luck.

How did you folks prepare for the comlex?

Hey, was there any part of the COMLEX exam, like the last booklet (#4), that included only path pictures and EKG's for that portion. Or, were all the booklets that you took about the same in content. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
About the comlex, my last minute advice would be to review OMM via Rob S's book--very important for some easy questions. In my opinion studying did not really matter. You can study for three years and not know the majority of the questions. That is why educated guesses and guess by elimination are so important. Everyone who took the exam including myself thought they did horrible after the test was over--and you will too. But, realize that everyone does better than they think and very few (maybe 5-10%) fail. The best advice I could give you is the be well rested and DO NOT CRAM over the last week. DO NOT STUDY THE DAY BEFORE THE EXAM and DO NOT DRIVE YOURSELF CRAZY DISCUSSING THE QUESTIONS OF THE PREVIOUS EXAM BLOCK AFTER IT IS OVER!!! also, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED no matter how bad you think you are doing. Lastly, DO NOT WHIMP OUT LIKE SOME OF MY CLASSMATES by not taking the exam and taking it while on your rotations--sounds good in your head, but most people regret it afterwards.

GOOD LUCK,

mS3

As someone who has successfully taken COMLEX I & II (as well as USMLE I & II), what I can say that worked for me is First Aid, Underground Clinical Vig., and some hard core OMM study a week before the exam. Two more things: don't discuss an exam booklet once your done with and be ready for an endurance run for the COMLEX.

Amadeus,

Do you suggest having the First Aid, UCV, etc. as a part of your first year studies as a guide?

Not sure if you'll be back to this site, but I would sure like any feedback from you or any folks who have taken the COMLEX and have any suggestion about studyin'/preparin' ahead of time....

Thanx in advance, :cool: