Comlex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rmj254

Illuminati Expert
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere that I can find a list of programs that accept COMLEX? I didn't take the USMLE, but did above average on the COMLEX (550+). Do I have a shot at MD PM&R programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of programs that accept COMLEX? I didn't take the USMLE, but did above average on the COMLEX (550+). Do I have a shot at MD PM&R programs?
I'm not aware of any list. However I emailed a bunch of program directors when I was applying and they all pretty much said COMLEX alone is fine. You definitely have a shot at MD PM&R programs. I had similar COMLEX and was invited for 20+ interviews. I think you'd be just as fortunate - especially if you apply broadly.

Did you take the USMLE or were you invited strictly with a COMLEX score?

Members don't see this ad :)
this has been asked and discussed many times on this forum. use the search function and that will be helpful. in short, you will find those that feel taking usmle is helpful and those who dont. It snds like you have decent comlex. IMHO why take the usmle now and tank it and then where are you?

Also, a program that insists on usmle is prob not too DO friendly, though that would be rare in the PMR world.

good luck