Step I Comlex1- 576 USMLE1 - 219 , Chances for Anes or ER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SweetScience87

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Comlex1 576 and USMLE1 - 219 - What are my chances for Anesthesiology or Emergency Med whether it be Allopathic or Osteopathic. Does AOA programs look at USMLE at all ? If So what type of effect they have on your chances with the residency for ex is there a specific cut off ?
 
I think chances are good for both if you apply to AOA. You are well above the average for both specialties. In terms of ACGME, I think you have a decent shot at either if you apply broadly, but it's a little more risky.