• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
Any pros or cons to the following? Just curious. Thanks :)

All IM programs:

Indiana
St. Vincents, Indy
Medical College of Georgia
Mercer University
UVa-Carilon, Roanoke, VA
East Carolina University
New Hanover Medical Center, Wilmington, NC
St. Lukes, Bethlehem, PA
UT-Knoxville
LSU-Shreveport
Cook County
SUNY-Upstate

jenneylynn

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
I'm a 4th year student at UT-Memphis. I've done most of my 3rd and 4th year at the UT-Knoxville site. It's a great hospital. The residents are very happy, not overly stressed. The area is beautiful. I like it so much here that it is at the top of my rank list.

irlandesa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
Indiana is supposed to be excellent; 3 hospital program, very bright students and residents, good fellowship programs.. Don't know much about the MCG IM program, but I know someone who works in research there who reports Augusta to be a very livable and friendly place.

aquaboy

Surfer, sailor, swimmer!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2002
The Commonwealth
Visit site
Status
The Carilion-Roanoke system in VA is not staffed by UVa house staff. They are a completely different residency program so you can't put UVa-Carilion, Roanoke if you're talking about IM.

About the Ads