Comming (squeaky) clean on the applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DieselPetrolGrl

twisterChamp&so much more
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems my troubles grow the more i i learn about applying to med-schools. I took gen chem 1,2 +labs and some english courses last summer in chicago (@loyola) and my gpa cumalative for that term was a 3.0. mind u i got a C in one of the chems , but now im getting ready for orgo and reviewing chem on my own time. however when i apply to med school i haveto factor in those chem grades before i apply? i cant wait to transfer them until after i apply (like my sr year- prior to graduation)? im thinking not because everyone would get (as if they already arnt!) super suspicious about my taking orgo + upper level english without taking the pre reqs, and teh application makes u swear u came clean! Also my gpa has been in the following choronological order (term 1: 2.6 > Term 2: 2.8>Term 3:3.0(summer school)>Term 4:3.45 > Term 5: 3.9 >Summer School: 4.0 = cumalative apx:3.4 ) will the med school aplication distinctly show my struggle for improvement?

Members don't see this ad.

...it will show your progress and improvement. You have to remember that medical school (most, that is) don't require you maintain a 3.5 or higher your entire undergrad. career. The big thing is that you show improvement over the years rather than a decrease in academic progress. This is also coupled with the fact that e.c. activities are factored into that time.
And don't forget that during the interview process, you have the chance (your one and only) to put into words what your circumstances were and why you showed that improvement.

Good Luck!

Corey.

you need to be "squeaky clean" when applying, especially when stating your course history. a lot of adcoms communicate behind the scenes without your knowledge, so if schools find out you took courses at a post-secondary institution and did not report them on amcas, your amcas application will be automatically investigated. not only will they revoke your application, it'll also be mighty hard to explain that you didn't get into med school b/c you tried to cheat the system when you have to apply again the next cycle.

moral of the story: be honest. the consequences are just not worth it.

If you don't include the grades, then you have not completed the pre-reqs. You must complete the pre-reqs to matriculate. If they mysteriously showed up later, then you are seen as a liar, unethical, gained a slot under false pretenses, and might have your position revoked.

Besides that, you would be placed on double secret probation:(

Members don't see this ad :)
sheeeshhhhh
are they going to behead me publically too?

:) i was just ASKING
but yeah im filling out those transcrip requests asap
thanks!!!

well.... a public beheading is never out of the question either. :)

thanks funny guy.

GREAT this whole thing just keeps getting harder and harder....how personal can i get on a personal essay.... all the ones i read online are about fathers with tractors and the author having " a dream and a twinkle in his/her eye, coupled with a thirst for knowledge"
hows this for mine:

When i was 8 i cut my ankle open - and OMG it was so groose. However it was also very enjoyable, not in a sadistic way though, because to my (then naive) wonder they stiched that sucka up and sent me on my way in like 30 mins flat. also seeing mummy and daddy work long hard hours has made me realize what a uncontributing member of society i have been thus far, so as of last year i changed my ways! now i voulenteer and wear a smile 23 hrs a day, also i have made a hobby out of taking summer classes. in my free one hour a day i like to bathe and eat i feel it mainatins sanitation ( important to human health) and provides nutrition (OMG, also important to human health!). So i think i should go to your school because of all the fine rambling facts i have stated. oh and those Cs in chem are so like NOT representative of me.

PS:plus i would look good at your campus, (note : see attached photos of me in scrubs taken every Holloween)Please let me know if i should stick to steel gray or standard green.

Originally posted by DieselPetrolGrl
in my free one hour a day i like to bathe and eat i feel it mainatins sanitation ( important to human health) and provides nutrition (OMG, also important to human health!).

:laugh: :laugh:

like omg, thanks for the laugh... i needed it with all these secondaries hanging over me.

so...u like it?
do u think it will be ready for applications within the next yr?
do u have anything i can add?