SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Common days for interviewing (MSTP too)?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gizzdogg, Jan 24, 2002.

1. gizzdogg

gizzdogg keeper of the three lions 7+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Hey guys,
    I'm just thinking ahead here. I'll be interviewing in the fall and will also be taking a small, but crucial load of classes. I'll be taking PChem and two labs. The labs especially make it necessary for me to be at the university Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday of just about every week. So what this means for me is that i can really only interview on thursdays and fridays. So here's what i'm asking. Are there common days for med schools to interview for MD programs? What about the two-day MSTP interviews? Are they commonly toward the end of the week? And should my schedule be a problem? I'm sure there must be others out there with the same problem. Has it bothered y'all? Thanks- Gizz
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    So far I've scheduled six regular MD interviews: four Fridays, one Thursday, and one Monday.

Later in the week seems to be typical for interviews.

Hope this helps!
  4. idiot

idiot Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 8, 2001
    1 Monday
    2 Wed
    1 Thurs
    1 Fri
    1 Fri/Sat
    1 Sat

Forget about scheduling around interviews. Might want to take a lighter load though.
  5. sorrento

sorrento Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Most schools have Friday interviews. I think you'd be able to make it work. You might want to be extra-diligent about calling ahead to try and schedule same-area schools together on the two days you are totally free. I slacked off in this and ended up visiting some of the same cities twice or more. that kind of sucked (though I was grateful for the interviews).
  6. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned Banned

Nov 5, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Most MD/PhD interviews occur on Thurs/Fridays.

Yale is on Mon/Tues, Hopkins on Wed/Thurs. There are some other exceptions to the rule also but I cant remember what they are.
  7. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
  8. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    I interviewed w/5 of my schools very early in the process and with the exception of GW (that did offer a Friday two months later) all were on Mondays. I usually requested Mondays though as I do research and it's the best day to miss lab meetings!

Anyway, here are the schools were I interviewed and the days they offered for reference.

Einstein: M-F
    GW: M,H,F
    MCP: M-F
    NYMC: M-H
    Temple: M-F