Advocacy Essay too literal?

Started by thebadge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thebadge

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm working on pre-writing, and I've noticed a few of my schools have an essay "describing a time when you've advocated for someone". I've been heavily involved in a grassroots organization that works to end healthcare inequalities across the globe. With it, I've met with multiple congressional officers, done a 'hill day', and made calls/wrote letters. Is this too literal? I don't necessarily have one specific story from the experience that stands out.

Thanks!
 
Hi all,

I'm working on pre-writing, and I've noticed a few of my schools have an essay "describing a time when you've advocated for someone". I've been heavily involved in a grassroots organization that works to end healthcare inequalities across the globe. With it, I've met with multiple congressional officers, done a 'hill day', and made calls/wrote letters. Is this too literal? I don't necessarily have one specific story from the experience that stands out.

Thanks!
It all depends on the prompt and your interpretation. What advocacy does each school do?