Communications from Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abu barney

resident revolutionary
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

Anyone get any letters or phone calls from Rush? I got a letter from one of the chief residents, but it seemed pretty generic. I was wondering if anyone received any further courting from the program?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, everyone got the letter. It tells you they are worried about filling; probably because of the financial problems and the people leaving the IM dept. I wasn't too impressed. Any comments?

I never heard of the two problems you noted: finanical difficulties and people leaving. I honestly liked the program alot. I felt residents were happy and friendly to one another. Rush is a respected program in IM and in several subspecialties, and it seemed that grads do fairly well in getting fellowships. Faculty seemed nice and approachable, although this is very difficult to gauge through an interview. Also, it was the best interview I got in chicago. Not that I'm crazy about chicago, but I have a lot of friends there and I'm assuming it's better than indianoplis, cleveland, and rochester. It also seemed that they were having trouble reaching the 80 hr/wk requirements. What are your thoughts?

hey bud,

check your pm.