Community college and university question.

Started by DVMDS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DVMDS

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My college knows I am planning to go to vet school and I know that vet schools say only general level sciences can be taken at the community college. So my advisor said I should take molecular bio( bio 201, the first science of a bio major) and the first general chem( chem 121) at the community college. So I am, but is that science upper level and did I screw myself over in that credit for molecular biology... Or?? Any help would be appreciated.
 
Most community colleges are 2-year and therefore offer 1st and 2nd year courses (100- and 200- level). Some of the science prerequisites at many vet. schools are 3rd and 4th year level courses. To find out if a specific course fulfills the prerequisites for a vet school you should check with the vet school(s) you are planing on applying to.
 
Most community colleges are 2-year and therefore offer 1st and 2nd year courses (100- and 200- level). Some of the science prerequisites at many vet. schools are 3rd and 4th year level courses. To find out if a specific course fulfills the prerequisites for a vet school you should check with the vet school(s) you are planing on applying to.

Thank you very much.