Community college course retake and university transfer question

Started by Evasive
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Evasive

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took Biology my first semester and got a C-.
I want to retake it and get a better mark.

However, when I'm transferring to UBC, will they take the AVERAGE of the two marks, or take the BETTER mark?
 
I took Biology my first semester and got a C-.
I want to retake it and get a better mark.

However, when I'm transferring to UBC, will they take the AVERAGE of the two marks, or take the BETTER mark?



I'm not sure how it works for retakes but generally, universities give you credits for C's from another university and B's from community college, granted that it is an academic course.