Community college in person vs State university online classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which looks better: CC in-person or State University's continuing ed program online?

• CC in person

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • State University online

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

42Gauge

Reaction score
Which would adcoms see as more rigorous: a class taken in-person or hybrid at my local community college or a class taken via my state flagship's online/continuing ed program, assuming the actual courses are the same?

Members don't see this ad.

What are the circumstances? Is this one's first attempt at college coursework or is it summer session or is it post-bac or some other circumstance?
Enrolled part time at community college and working part time, no prior degrees and only one semester of college coursework 2 years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
The coursework taken at the flagship school are not likely to state on the transcript that they were online and thus are likely to appear to be more rigorous than the same coursework taken at a community college.

Reactions: 1 users
The coursework taken at the flagship school are not likely to state on the transcript that they were online and thus are likely to appear to be more rigorous than the same coursework taken at a community college.
Awesome, thank you! What about lab sciences, though? Wouldn't it be a problem if the online course didn't include labs?

I'd also suggest doing it at a university if you can do it online. It's easier.

Awesome, thank you! What about lab sciences, though? Wouldn't it be a problem if the online course didn't include labs.
Labs are required. Some schools offer them bundled with the classroom instruction, others offer them as a separate registration and grade. If you took a course and did not take the lab, you could take the lab later.

I'd also suggest doing it at a university if you can do it online. It's easier.
True, but there's something to be said about the in-person interaction of a cc. I guess I'll take more important courses at the Uni and less important ones at the cc.