Community College Summer Courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chicago5950

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was thinking about knocking out 10 credits during my summer intercession before going to my state school.

Will this hurt me in any way?

Also, what are the average statistics of anyone entering University of Kentucky's pharmacy program.

Thanks!
 
I was thinking about knocking out 10 credits during my summer intercession before going to my state school.

Will this hurt me in any way?

Also, what are the average statistics of anyone entering University of Kentucky's pharmacy program.

Thanks!

If you haven't attended college before, I'd say go ahead and go for it. Once enrolled, I usually suggest taking the core prereqs (Bio, Chem, Orgo, Calculus) at your 4 year institution. Send me an email if you have further questions: [email protected]
 
I was thinking about knocking out 10 credits during my summer intercession before going to my state school.

Will this hurt me in any way?

Also, what are the average statistics of anyone entering University of Kentucky's pharmacy program.

Thanks!

Overall, It will have little, if any negative effects. Some schools do not look favorably on students that take all of their difficult pre-reqs during the summer. However, taking a few courses in the grand scheme of things will make no difference.

It is an excellent idea to get those classes done - and it is an excellent opportunity to do well in those courses.

Checkout PharmCAS.org - the directory specifically, for stats about the incoming class at each school of pharmacy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took 8 credits last summer and 12 credits this summer at my 4 year university. I feel like you learn a lot more because it's everyday. You also get a better relationship with the professor, which is great for LOR.