Community College vs. University (Pre-Reqs)

Started by FuhLeePlay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FuhLeePlay

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be graduating in December with a BA in Psychology. I found similar threads but most were related to Medical school and not PT. The only PTCAS pre-reqs I have is BIO 1 & 2, Stats and a few psych classes. I have yet to take A&P 1 and 2, Chem 1 and 2, and Physics 1 and 2. I can stay an extra semester or two at my Uni OR graduate then go to CC and finish my pre-reqs for about a third of the price. Which would you do and why?

Thanks to all in advance!
 
I would figure out what PT programs you want to apply to and contact their admissions people. Find out if they care what school you take the pre-reqs at, and decide from there.
 
I would go with the cheaper route. In that case, it would be the Community College.

I would make sure that CC courses are alright with the schools you're applying to. I don't think it would be a problem but I would inquire just in case.