Community Dentistry (Vs) Oral Pathology/Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diffident

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Dentists,

I am planning to pursue my MDS in India and currently I am in a dilemma of choosing a specialization.

Community Dentistry or Oral Medicine/Pathology??

Which field has got better job opportunities and also need for dentists trained in those fields?

Why am I posting this question on this forum? Because I may end up in US in future and want to advance my career rather than starting all over again.

Can students with MDS get into AEGD programs or need to follow the educational flow of writing part1 and part 2 --> getting into dental school --> completing 2 yrs --> ......??

What are the added advantages for a dentist who has done his MDS from India in USA?

Again, I need your input on why you would suggest me to pursue Community Dentistry or Oral Medicine/Pathology.

Thanks a ton,
Diffident

Members don't see this ad.

hi diffident,

I am currently enrolled in NYu dental school for my DDS. I have done my masters in OMrd in India.

If u want to settle in india, then u got to do ur mds. All thr three branches are good because they have good job oppertunities once u finish MDS.

In the future if u want to pursue higher education in Us, my advice would be not to do MDS in INdia. Instead of that try giving ur part I and II exmas and get a 90 plus score and enroll in a school as early as possible. Its alaways better to have a DDs degree than having AEGD.

But few schools prefer a candidate with a good research experiance. But in my case, MDs did not help me in getting an admission.

I donot know abt aegd programs and their requirements.

think over it again and come to a conclusion.

all the best

diffident said:
Dear Fellow Dentists,

I am planning to pursue my MDS in India and currently I am in a dilemma of choosing a specialization.

Community Dentistry or Oral Medicine/Pathology??

Which field has got better job opportunities and also need for dentists trained in those fields?

Why am I posting this question on this forum? Because I may end up in US in future and want to advance my career rather than starting all over again.

Can students with MDS get into AEGD programs or need to follow the educational flow of writing part1 and part 2 --> getting into dental school --> completing 2 yrs --> ......??

What are the added advantages for a dentist who has done his MDS from India in USA?

Again, I need your input on why you would suggest me to pursue Community Dentistry or Oral Medicine/Pathology.

Thanks a ton,
Diffident