Community Health Clinic Annual Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oceanicvibe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Future Colleagues,

For those of you who work in a community health clinic, what is the annual salary to expect here?

For NHSC I know that it's required to give back what they pay for and I'm wondering how much dentists that work in these setting make compared to working as an associate or being a practice owner.

I know regardless of the number, its incomparable to not having to pay back loans.

Thx!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got offered 165k + bonus $25 per patient after seeing 16 patients in San Joaquin County California

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Our starting is something like 146k plus benefits and a similar incentive program like stunt was mentioning. One of the other massive things to consider is the fringe benefits - most private practices won't give you medical insurance, so there's a few hundred bucks a month there to get it yourself. You also don't need malpractice insurance working at a health center due to the Torts Claims Act protection (though they will usually carry a back up policy for you). My health center also pays for my license, DEA, and ADA membership, so there's a few thousand a year right there. AND you usually get 1-2k in CE reimbursement too.

Overall pay at health centers is pretty good, but you need to find a good one that isn't going to work you to death / is just a mill.