Community vs. University Programs - ROL Regrets

Started by Sevo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sevo

Senior Member
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone out there feel that your training would have been better at community program X, but for job security and fellowship opportunities, you ended up ranking university program Y higher?

Anyone regret not ranking that community program higher, knowing full well that the only good thing about your #1 program was that it would look good on your CV?
 
I went that route initially, ranking the programs with the most prestige first. My fiance and I talked it through and I realized what I was doing and finally ended up ranking what I felt fit me the best and where I thought I would get the best training and be happy. I've got a mix of about 50/50 with community and university in my top 10 for my Rank List.