Commuting to NYCOM?

Started by J143
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

J143

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been accepted to NYCOM and currently live in Manhattan (upper west side) and was wondering if there were any NYCOM/Manhattan commuters that had any advice for me. I'm torn about whether or not I need to move out to LI.

Is it poosible to do the commute? Or do you just end up driving yourself crazy b/c you are using 2 hours a day to commute when you could me studying? I'm especially concerned b/c I heard that NYCOM's curriculum for the first two years is pretty hellish.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

JH